Both courses can potentially reduce the cost of your Motorcycle Insurance. Normally you will do the assessment on your own bike. All courses available Monday-Saturday from 08:00hrs.
Prices from €150
We can offer both of the Rider Skill Assessment courses, as a 3 hour or a 6 hour course.
- The 3 hour Rider Skill Assessment course is suited for the rider with over 12 months (12,000 Km) on road riding experience.
- The 6 hour rider skills assessment course is suited to Riders with less than 12 months (4,000Km) on the road experience.
What is it?The purpose of the Skill assessment is to allow the Insurance Company an understanding of your motorcycle skills at the time of assessment. A good grade in the Assessment can reflect favourably on the Rider in the form of a discount on their insurance, from 25% to 40% normally.
Why take it?If you are experienced and would like to check your skills, then a Maximum of 55% discount is possible and will depend on the skill level achieved on the day. Ultimately the assessment is about identifying what skills a rider has and what he/she need to work on, so to stay safe on the road. The Insurance discount achieved by getting a high grade/level in the Rider Skill Assessment, can be enough to off-set the cost of the assessment but this is not always the case.
What’s involved?The cost of the Rider Skill Assessment will depend on if it’s a 3 hour or 6 hour course. The Rider Skill Assessment will consist of the following:
- A briefing on what’s involved in the course and the difference between Grades/Levels.
- A short assessment of your current style of riding and skill set.
- A ‘demo’ showing the correct skills and riding style needed to pass the assessment.
- An observed ride, with trainee in front.
- A 60 minute assessment
- A de-brief, final Grade/Level
AON Bike CareGrade 4 is the lower grade and grade 1 is the highest grade.
AON/AXA Grade 4: Gives a Rider a 25% discount for Learner Permit holders. AON/AXA Grade 3: Gives a Rider a 25% discount as Grade 4 plus an additional 10% TOTAL= 35% Discount AON/AXA Grade 2: Gives a rider a 25% discount as Grade 4 plus an additional 15% TOTAL=40% Discount AON/AXA Grade 1: Gives a rider a 25% discount as Grade 4 plus an additional 30% Discount TOTAL= 55%
Liberty InsuranceLevel 4 is the lower level and level 1 is the highest level.
Liberty Insurance Level 4: Gives a Rider a 20% discount
Liberty Insurance Level 3: Gives a Rider a 25% discount
Liberty Insurance Level 2: Gives a Rider a 30% discount
Liberty Insurance Level 1: Gives a Rider a 35% discount