M50 Driving School Advanced Rider Training is done in a 4 hour block we help you apply for ROSPA or IAM test and prepare you for it. 150 euro per session
What is Advance Rider Training?
Advance Rider Training is for riders with a full licence. You will be introduced to a System that all emergency response drivers use. This system is made up of 5 elements, Information . Position . Speed . Gear . Acceleration. This System will allow you to approach any junction, hazard or situation in a consistent systematic way.
What does it involve?
You will be introduced to many new skills. These new skills will help you to be more systematic in your approach to all situations.
Some of these skills will include:
1. How to gather Information from your surroundings, How best to use that Information , how best to give Information to other road users.
2. Positioning on the approach to a hazard, junction, bend etc. To understand the advantages of being in the correct position on the approach to a hazard, bends etc. This can allow you more visibility through the hazard or bend. It may also allow others to see you early.
3. Setting your Speed on the approach to bends and NOT on arrival. Making good use of Throttle sense, Gears or Brakes to adjust your speed. You don’t always have to use your brakes to slow down.
4. Understanding your Gears will allow you more comfort and control of the motorcycle. You can be sure that your bike will respond the way you want it to.
5. Acceleration. This will allow you a clear understanding of when to increase you speed. It is very important that you take the weather and road surface into account before rolling on the throttle.
What is RoSPA?
Remember even though it is an Advance course you must comply with the Rules of the Road.
We use the methods supported by RoSPA? RoSPA stands for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents. RoSPA is one of the world’s leading Health and Safety bodies, in particular when it comes to advanced driver training. They are recognised as having one of the highest standards for advanced driving tests that a civilian can sit. We believe that every motorcyclist should consider taking the RoSPA test.
For this type of training you need to have your own Motorcycle. All training days can start from 8am
We will use all kinds of roads and traffic conditions during your training. It is important that the 3 main environments you normally travel in are covered, City/Suburban, Motorway/Dual-carriage way, National roads/Regional roads/Back roads/Local roads..
The RoSPA Advanced Test has 4 possible grades
Gold: This is the highest grade a civilian rider can achieve.
Silver: A very good grade. You will have a clear understanding of the system. The final polish is all that’s missing.
Bronze: This means you have an idea of the system but are not consistent. Leave your re-test for 3 months.
Fail: Not a good result. If we know your riding standard is not good enough we would not encourage you to take the test.
Both Silver and Gold attract a 30% discount with AON and 10% with Carole Nash and 35% with Liberty Insurance.
To maintain your Grade you must repeat this test every three years. Depending on how you perform your grade could remain the same, go up or down. This is the best way to ensuring that your riding skills remain in top condition.